Relax, Will Ya?
I am pleased beyond mortal understanding to present my new album of relaxing music. You can tell it’s relaxing from the title!
You can listen to it on bandcamp, and it’s also available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Play, and everywhere else digital music is available.
It’s 45 minutes long. Every track is longer than 7 minutes, and slower than 95 BPM. It’s strange, playful and fantastical, but genuinely relaxing and enjoyable for everyone. It’s pleasant BGM but rewards attentive listening, becoming quite hypnotic and sensational. Recommended for:
- Café breakfasts
- Sunday afternoons
- Seeing how your cats react to it
- Bubble baths
- Lovemaking??? (Try it and report back)
I ‘pre-released’ this album on bandcamp a week ago, and here are some of the responses (genuine and unsolicited) so far:
- “An aural stroll through a dreamy little suburb, sleepy and strange and lost in time”
- “Aliens sing me a lullaby”
- “It makes me feel very Ghibly inside”
- “Relax, Will Ya? is stunning in its musicality, as well as its absurdity. … I can’t overstate how oddly relaxing the melodies are.” (Tim Webb, Discchord.com)
- “Good lord! Love the sonic textures and stupid adorable melodies!”
- “Relaxing, but very focused with intent. … I would compare this favorably with Tomita and Disney classics. A shroom journey for sure.”
- “It’s ear candy AND brain candy!”
- “A trip to another world, fascinating and unpredictable”
- “Absolutely brilliant!”
- “Awesome and weird”
- “Totally different than anything I could ever imagine … Just letting it play and being surprised by what comes next! It’s a journey and mind drifter. Very fresh man very fresh!”
- “Incredible work! Listening to this made my day!!!”
- “This is really fucking good”
It really is! It really is. Once again: Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Play, and everywhere. On bandcamp, I’ve set the album to “Name your price”, meaning you can download it for free or pay $10,000 for it. The point is, you can recommend it freely, because everyone can afford it. Listen, enjoy, comment, and please, please share! Thank you!